Thursday, July 17, 2008

My Blue Heaven

Well, I didn't get up early as I had hoped. I didn't sleep well last night, tossing and turning until about 3 or 4 am. No air conditioning, hot and humid weather combined with crampy leg muscles don't allow for restful sleep. All of that said, I didn't run until this evening, which turned out to be just fine.

I went out about 5:30 after drinking a ton of water over the course of the day. I didn't really push myself because of the heat. I ran three miles, stopped at home for some water and then finished the remaining three and met Steve and the girls at the park where they were waiting for me with water. We ended up going to the root beer stand for dinner (me in my sports bra, shorts, and bandanna looking oh, so lovely).

The fun part of the day was in the middle. The girls and I headed south about 15 miles to a pick your own blueberry farm. The little blue beauties were looking lovely and we managed to pick two bucket fulls. It was ridiculously hot but there was enough of a breeze to keep the air moving. What I found really funny was the girls' reactions. Kate took her bucket and started picking here and there. She managed to fill the bucket about a quarter full and was ready to go. It was hot and she was done. Emily, on the other hand, was having a great time and kept encouraging Kate to pick some more. The tables were turned because usually it is the other way. By the time we have a bucket and a half, they were taking turns complaining and encouraging, and we managed to fill the rest of the second bucket.

So now, I have a table full of blueberries to sort through. We all love walking by the table and grabbing a handful. Not sure that any of these will make it to the freezer. Who knows, I may try my hand at a blueberry pie, too. I found out today that Steve really likes them.

Stay cool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

me in my sports bra, shorts, and bandanna looking oh, so lovely

She looked smoking hot, trust me, I'm married to her!