Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's Done

That's pretty much how I feel. It's actually my nephew Kameron last Saturday night after we got back to my mom's following a really busy day. He's too cute!

Anyway, after I finished my last post, I turned on the Garmin and put it on the front porch to find the satellite when it informed me the battery was low. Bummer! I was going to do my five mile loop in town before heading out for the 10 miles around the lake so I left the Garmin charging and headed out. I finished the first five in about 48 minutes - I'm basing that on the fact that the new podcast The Runner's Round Table was about that long. It felt good.

Got home, grabbed the Garmin, water belt, and used the inhaler, and headed out again, this time around the lake for 10 miles. I still felt fairly good, made it up and down the hills and didn't take a walk break until around mile 5 (or 10 if you include the earlier miles. Steve and Emily drove out to meet me around mile 6, and found me around mile 5.8. Filled up the water bottle, got several shouts of encouragement from the back seat and was on my way again. My right knee was a little tight when I started running again but loosened up after a couple of minutes. Walked one more time with about one mile to go and finished it out feeling good. I completed 10.1 miles in 1 hour, 40 minutes.

So, overall, it took me just under 2 hours, 30 minutes to finish and I averaged just under 10 minute miles, which I am pleased with. I'll have to see how I'm feeling tomorrow to see if I try to get in the speed workout I should have done today.

Still waiting to hear about my car. Hopefully they'll call soon.

No comments: