Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ice, Ice, Baby

Yes, we've got it all around. An ice storm rolled through the area early Friday morning and there is a good 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice on everything. Steve stayed up most of the night working/keeping an eye on things and heard several tree limbs fall. Thankfully, we still have power - so far.

It never warmed up enough yesterday for things to really melt and we are expecting snow, wind, and sub-zero wind chills tomorrow. Needless to say, we may not have power tomorrow.

While I didn't get in a workout yesterday, I did go to the fitness center this morning and kicked out some mileage on the elliptical. My quads are burning every time I go up the stairs. I also got in some strength training on the arms and core.

So now, it is off to Walmart to stock up on groceries in case we can't get out tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be safe! The ice missed us, but dumped on you guys instead. And about Blogo - what a mess. Having lived in Chicago most of my life, I see some things never change.

Nik's Knacks said...

OK, missy! I was just getting ready to post to my blog with the hilarious (and not-so-original) "Ice, Ice, Baby" title. Are we completely dating ourselves or what?
Sorry about the tree limbs! SOOO glad your car wasn't anywhere near our tree!
My parents' power has been out since 5 AM Friday. eeek.
Thanks for the yummy bread too!
Maybe we'll see you when things thaw out :)

Mom on the Run said...

Thanks Jennifer. All's well here, we're just frigid now.

Nikki, glad you are enjoying the bread. Thanks for the mail delivery. Hope you had fun today.