Friday, May 1, 2009

Gentlemen and Ladies, Start Your Engines!!!

May is here and for Indianapolis, that means racing and the Indy 500. To get things started, it hosts the Mini-Marathon, reported to be the largest half-marathon in the United States with 45,000 runners/walkers. The highlight of the race is being able to run a lap on the track but the part that gives me chills is going through the tunnel underneath the grandstands and coming up inside the famed speedway. So cool!

I guess I'm ready. I've gotten in all my runs this week. I've been drinking water and eating carbs. I hope I have everything I'll need - poptarts, powerbars, water bottle, charged and working Garmin. Oh yeah, shorts, shirt, socks, and shoes. Augh!!!

The weather is supposed to be in the 50s (I'll take it) with a chance of showers (if it must).

After a panic, I found the key to the house we are staying in. Now, just need to get the girls to Steve's sister's, a couple of stops and we'll be off.

Major goal for tomorrow? I really want to break 2 hours. My PR in the half is 2:06.

Here's to a good Saturday morning.

Have a great weekend!