Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Bit of a Better Week?

Yes, one can hope. I don't think I've hit the mileage I'm supposed to, but I'm close. Took Monday off. I ran 6 on Tuesday very slowly thanks to 90 degree temperatures. It felt good though and I got to reward myself with Pizza King pizza on my friends boat for ladies' night out - caught up with three of my really good friends.

Last night, I ran 5 in the dark, starting at 10 p.m. By that time it had cooled off a bit from the 90 degrees of the day. I think it will end up being 5 or 6 again tonight about the same time. It is still hot and humid after a day of rain. I'm sitting on the back porch watching the steam rise off the garage roof as the sun is coming out after the afternoon rain.

Come to find out there is another marathon runner where I work. He hasn't done much running lately, but finished the Sunburst Marathon in South Bend and couple of years ago and wants to do the Marine Corp someday. I gave him the link to Running Podcasts and gave him some recommendations for when he gets running again.

Well, I guess that is all for now. Get in that run :-)

No comments: