Sunday, January 9, 2011

And So Begins a New Challenge...

...and it is P90X. I must say, it has taken me to a new level of pain. I think I mentioned that I was thankful for whoever invented the handicapped bars in bathrooms? Or maybe it was I was thinking about having them installed in my bathroom. Whichever one it was, P90X has taken me to that place again. Not only me, but my husband Steve, as well.

We started Saturday with Chest and Back. Not too bad pain wise but I don't think I even did half of the exercises - partly because our chin-up bar doesn't work on any of our doors due to thick trim and I have bird arms. In other words, they are weak!!! Steve finally ended up spotting me on push-ups and would pull me up once I got stuck after a couple (okay, on a couple of them, none!) Due to time constraints, we didn't do the Ab X workout.

Sunday, it was cardio. That did in the legs! I still feel it four days later! We followed it up with the ab workout.

Monday, it was arms and back - not too bad with my 2 pound weights (aka chicken broth and beef stock). Yes, we need to kick it up a bit.

Yesterday was supposed to be Yoga but I was in a time crunch so I did the ab workout again. I'm still sore but not limping as much. I'm hoping this will get my core stronger, along with my arms.

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

No comments: