Monday, October 22, 2007

The Recycling Got Me

Funny thing about life. You survive and finish the hotest marathon in Chicago history, are just getting ready to get running again, and then you take out the recycling. Yes, the recycling.

Saturday morning, I was taking some cans out to our recycling bins on our back porch. As I was heading out the door, I thought about putting on some shoes but then thought, why?

Unfortunately, I didn't. As I was going around the screen door to get to the bin, I slammed my little toe on the wood of a patio chair. I think I heard a pop and there was some definite pain. My poor pinky toe was sticking out in a strange direction and did not feel quite right. I'm not sure if I broke it or dislocated it, but I now have a beautiful blueish/green bruise on my foot and my pinky toe is swollen like a snausage.

Thankfully, I was able to find a pair of cheap flip flops to wear because I am not going to try to jam the poor foot into any kind of shoe for a while. Although, my running shoes might be okay.

So, now I wait.

No comments: