Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Welcome

I've taken the plunge! I've joined the 21st century! I've created a blog!

I've been reading a lot of blogs by runners for the past year, learning about their training, their races, and their daily lives. I decided it is time to join them. And, there was this goofy little podcast that I listened to that encouraged me to start one. Download Episode 104 of Phedippidations, Run, Blog, Share.

I've been running for the past year and half and have completed one half- marathon, the 2007 Indianapolis MIni-500 and two full marathons, the 2006 and 2007 LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon. Yes, I finished all 26.2 miles of this year's race. Yes, it was hot, 91 degrees at 11:54 am. Yes, I had water. Yes, I crossed the finish line under my own power. More about that later.

I'm now in between training and am trying to figure out exactly what I'm going to do so bear with me as I try to get moving. Hopefully this blog will keep me accountable and keep me going.

So, until next time, as my daughter said to me as I was leaving on a run, "Have a sweaty run, Mom."

No comments: