Friday, March 28, 2008

Dashing Through The Snow

Well, the girls and I made it back home just fine. We drove through the rain (not minding thanks to my new windshield wipers - why didn't I do that sooner?) and by the time we got to my parents, the rain was starting to turn to snow.

My mom, the girls and I headed out to Costco. Okay, you laugh, but there is nothing like that around our house. While we are spoiled by excellent restaurants (and I do mean spoiled!), we drive 25 minutes to the nearest grocery store that doesn't charge you an arm and a leg. Anyway, by the time we got through Costco, stopped out to see my dad at work, and made one more stop at Meijers, the snow was really coming down and starting to collect. The flakes were about as big as I have ever seen! It was just beautiful and I was itching to go for a run.

So, as soon as we got home, I threw on my running stuff and headed out with Confessions of a Runner Episode 13. I ran a big square and about halfway through, passed East Grand Rapids High School. The track team was out on the snow covered track, with one lane cleared of snow. It was March 27!

I think my Nike+ feature on my iPod needed to be recalibrated because when I finished my run, I apparently had run 5.33 miles in 35 minutes at an average pace @6 something. Mind you, I don't think I've ever run a sub-7 minute mile in my life! I'll have to calibrate it again tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll do it quick before I meet up with the running group. I want to see how far I can go - maybe 8 miles tomorrow. We'll see who is there to run with. Need to load up the iPod, too.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: