Saturday, March 29, 2008

Didn't Quite Make Eight

Drug my sorry but out of bed this morning at 7:20 and was out the door by 7:45 am. Calibrated my iPod Nike+ again by running a mile before the coffee shop. No one else showed this morning - I think most people are out of town for the last weekend of spring break. It was cold, too, around 24 degrees F.

Left around 8:10 and headed out for six. About a block into it, my phone started beeping thanks to a low battery, the iPod was ready to die from lack of energy, and I needed a bathroom. I ran the .6 miles home, used the facilities and thought for a moment. No one was awake and I could get some work done and run later. So, that's what I did. About 10:30, I went out quick and got in 5 miles with an average pace of 9:57. It was a little warmer, too. So today's total is 6.6 miles.

Then it was home to clean up quickly before a friend's daughters. The youngest is severely allergic to wheat. If she touches it, she breaks out in a rash or hives. So far, so good, and no breakouts.

Not sure if I'll get a run in tomorrow. Probably should try as Monday is supposed to be rather wet.

No comments: