Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Wild and Crazy Time

It has been a busy week! The girls and I went to Indianapolis to visit a friend. We got to go swimming and visit the zoo. Spending some time in "civilization" was very nice - there is Target less than a mile from her house! We left there around 8 pm so that the girls would sleep most of the way home rather than asking when we were going to arrive home.

This week is is Vacation Bible School at our church and we are in "God's Big Backyard." I'm not sure how other church's do VBS, but our church has a lot of fun. Plenty of loud music, dancing to praise music (including one about driving the bus which is just so much fun!), skits (a take off of Home Improvement complete with Wilson), and the message to "love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. And love your neighbor as you love yourself."

I am feeling old, though. The volume and the screaming girls sitting in back of me gave me a headache. But to hear a couple hundred kids singing, praising God, and having a great time is worth it.

I have been keeping up with my running for the most part. I skipped Friday because we were in Indy but got both longer runs in this weekend. Yesterday and today's runs were rough. I'm running about two hours earlier than normal and it has gotten hot and humid here. The two aren't mixing well resulting in a lot of walking. Tomorrow is a rest day and I'm looking forward to it, although it will be busy with working at school registration tomorrow morning, going to the beach in the afternoon, and VBS in the evening.

Now, off to try to stay awake and get some editing done. :-)

No comments: