Monday, August 18, 2008

Fifteen's Still Waiting

I got in my eight miles up in Grand Haven Saturday evening. Kate and I drove up to pick up Emily, my brother, and nephew. I squeezed it after my mom treated us all to a train ride in Coopersville, Mich. and before Keith and I took the kids to the beach, out to dinner, and the Musical Fountain in Grand Haven.

After we returned home last night, Keith and I went for a four mile run, and then I ran two more to finish out the six I was scheduled to run today. Keith runs mainly on the treadmill right now (thanks to the San Antonio heat) while watching ER. He ran a 5K a couple of weeks ago and finished in 26 minutes. He's thinking about maybe doing the SA Half-Marathon in the fall.

Fitting in 15 yesterday wasn't going work between, sleep, church, and the three hour drive home and stopping to visit one of Keith's friends in South Bend. Well, the stop in South Bend was cancelled by an engine coil in my car that has decided it doesn't really want to work. We drove a good two hours home with the engine light on and then flashing when I would try to accelerate. We just wanted to get home without having to call a tow truck. Thought about getting it in today, but spent the better part of the day getting Keith and Kam to the airport, etc.

I'm trying to psych myself up to do it tomorrow morning after I take Kate to school. I know where I'm going to run and know I'll feel so much better after getting it done but I'm just not into it right now. I just keep telling myself, I'll feel better when I'm done, I'll feel better when I'm done...

No comments: