Wednesday, October 1, 2008

T Minus 17 Days - Cough, Cough, Cough

The germs are here to stay for a while. So far I haven't gotten anything but I'm beginning to hope that if I do, it hits in the next few days.

Kate is home from school for the second day. She's running a fever and is exhausted but has trouble sleeping because the coughing keeps her awake. Depending on how she's doing tomorrow, we may be heading to the doctor. We've been through pneumonia twice with her and really would like to avoid that if at all possible.

Emily is still coughing but not on Kate's level and she doesn't have a fever so she's at preschool this morning learning about dog safety.

I got out and did 5 miles Monday. I was scheduled for six but got to about 4.5 and the inside of my knee just wasn't feeling right. I'm not sure how to describe it but I figured 5 was probably enough and would rather skip out on the miles rather than causing the knee to get worse.

Yesterday was supposed to be a strength workout. Both girls were home and then I let them go to dance class which means about 3 hours at the local library. We got home around 5:30 pm and got in some snuggle time with Kate who was crashing hard. I finally headed out around 6:45 pm and we still hadn't had dinner yet. I decided just to do my 4 mile loop. I had strength/speed in my head and took off. Around the second mile, I really felt like I was hauling but decided to wait until mile 3 to look at the Garmin.

At 3, I had been running for 25 minutes. I walked a block to catch my breath and then took off again. I ended up running the last mile in 7:49! I felt good and the guilt of not exercising before watching The Biggest Loser was gone :-)

Today is a rest day from running but still a busy day as I'll pick up Emily and her friend from preschool in a couple of minutes and Sophie will be here until 4 pm. Then Steve and I are going to a fundraiser for a local candidate tonight and maybe catch up with some old friends.

Have a great day!

No comments: