Sunday, December 28, 2008

An Apology to Those in the Midwest

I need to apologize to those in the Midwest, particularly northern Indiana who may have been blinded by the bright flash of light when my bare legs and bare arms made an appearance outside. But wouldn't you have done the same thing?

It was 60 degrees outside after a week in the deep freeze. It wasn't raining but it was a touch on the humid side. I haven't run outside since the day before Thanksgiving. Heck, I don't think I've run, period, since then.

The temptation was too great. I grabbed my shorts, threw on a long sleeve shirt, and put the Garmin on the mailbox outside to sync with the satellites (poor thing hasn't been turned on for a month). It was going to be too warm with the shirt so I replaced it with a tank top and headed out on my four-mile loop.

I passed people bundled up against the cold who looked at me like I was nuts but I didn't care. I was outside for a run in a single layer of clothes.

Today? The weather has turned cold once again. So, back in the drawer go to the tank top and shorts. Sigh! I hope I get to bring them out again soon. Pleeeeaaaasssseee!!!!

2 comments:

Zoomy said...

Ha, yesterday I felt naked and liberated running in the rain in lightweight 3/4 tights and short sleeves. What a difference a couple of months make!

Rick said...

Happy New Year, Karen! Here's to more shorts and tank running days ahead! Cheers!