Thursday, January 22, 2009

How About a Run Outside? Part 2

For two lovely days, we experienced temperatures above 32 degrees.
We were reminded of what is was like to go outside and not have your nostrils freeze and fingers and toes go numb.

We got a whiff, albeit only a slight one, of spring.

We breathed a sign of relief that the boiler wasn't going to have to work quite so hard to heat the house and our space heaters throughout the house could take a break, thus lowering our heating bill ever so slightly from what it would have been.

I got to give my car a bath and see what my car looked like without a coating of road salt and dirty snow remains.

Oh yeah, and best of all, I got to avoid the treadmill for two days and run outside!!!

Thursday afternoon, I ran three miles in under 26 minutes. It was wonderful!

I wasn't going to run outside yesterday. I knew the temperatures were going to drop over the course of the day so if I wanted to get outside it was going to have to be in the morning while Emily was at school. Unfortunately, I have a bunch of editing to do and wanted to spend the quiet time working. However, I've also been staying up quite late working and was having trouble concentrating and staying awake. Prime time for a run. So off I went. The time wasn't as good as Thursday's run. I also forgot to start the Garmin so I only have an idea of what my pace was. Still, it just felt good to get out and have the challenge of the hills and the change of scenery.

I didn't get a run in today as I had to work in this morning and didn't want to take the time to go to the gym before 4 pm this afternoon. I have a rest day tomorrow so I'll get the five mile in then and spin on Monday. I might try to run a couple of mile, too. We'll see.

On the Diet Coke front, I've had two this week. One last Saturday night because my stomach was upset and one Wednesday night because it came with my meal at church and I needed the energy to keep up with the kids in my class. The weird thing was that it didn't taste all that great and I didn't find myself wanting any more. I am definitely drinking more water, but we also find ourselves making a pot of coffee in the late afternoon for a warm drink and a pick-me-up.

Hope you are having a good weekend!

No comments: