Sunday, January 4, 2009

Let Mini-Marathon Training Begin...Hopefully

Well, I took a look at the Hanson's Half Marathon Training schedule, looked at the calendar and training started on December 31. Lucky for me, I figured this out about that time and am on schedule, although I've already switched off days. I couldn't get out for a run Friday while I was in GR so I ran this afternoon. No big deal.

What I am hoping is not a big deal is the knee pain I started feeling this morning as I stood up in church to pass the offering plate and then twice for communion. It is right under the knee cap. It hurt a little going up the stairs but then calmed down until after this afternoon's run.

Once I got home, I sat down in a chair for a couple of minutes and it really started to ache. It probably lasted a couple of minutes and then went away, although every so often I can feel a dull ache. Argh!!!

I'm hoping it is just a combination of the cold and acclimating to being back out on the road. We'll see how I feel tomorrow for spinning.

On a different note, my husband found this video of guys with wing suits flying in the mountains. Wow!! No knee injuries here. Okay, well, um, not if you know what you're doing. Enjoy!!

No comments: