Friday, January 25, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside!

When I got in my car to take Kate to school today, the thermometer said it was -4 degrees F. When I went to work out, about an hour later, it had risen to a balmy -2 degrees F. Finally, by this afternoon when I picked the girls up, it was a springlike 19 degrees F! Thirty-two degrees is going to feel like summer!

Actually, my three year old, Emily, was talking about going outside in her bathing suit to play in the sprinkler. She didn't quite understand that the water coming out of the sprinkler would freeze fairly quickly.

I spent the better part of the day nursing a partially frozen pipe feeding cold water to my kitchen sink. I've left it running all day and the water pressure still isn't what it normally is. Hopefully, when all of our remodeling is done, we can say goodbye to the days of frozen pipes.

On a better note, I spent 50 minutes on the elliptical machine today and worked up a good sweat. My legs are really sore and, after listening to an episode of Fitness Rocks yesterday, decided to mix things up a little bit.

No comments: