Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's Been 10 Days Since My Last Run ...

I'm beginning to wonder if my body will know what to do when I finally get on my running clothes and running shoes and head out the door with the iPod strapped to my arm reading to listen to any one of the many running podcasts out there.

The cold that I have been fighting is really fighting back. I finally gave in and went to see a Nurse Practitioner. Her comment, you sound awful. Thanks. I sound stuffed up and like I've been smoking for 20 years as I hack up a lung. Needless to say, I didn't have much energy to get out and run. Besides, the weather has been in the teens. Big sigh!!! I didn't even get out of bed yesterday to at least meet with the running group. Hopefully there were a couple of people there.

On a brighter note, the sun is out today and I think we're supposed to break the freezing point! Yipee! If nothing else, I am going to get to the fitness center tomorrow and get in some sort of workout. A walk on the treadmill, maybe a killer pillar ab workout, something. Ten weeks until the Indianapolis Mini-Marathon.

No comments: