Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Quickly Losing My Mind

Have you ever had one of those weeks where you manage to completely overbook yourself? That's what I'm experiencing this week. By 7 p.m. Sunday evening, it should be over with.

I probably should be doing one of the four of five projects right now, but I need a break. I have gotten a total of 11 hours of sleep in the last two days.

What are your projects you ask? Do you really want to know?

I'm organizing a Prom Dress Shop where we are taking donated prom dresses and reselling them for cheap -$20 or less, mainly to cover dry cleaning costs. I've been working with a student who took up collecting dresses as her senior service project and has collected more than 100 dresses. They are all sitting in my foyer right now, with the exception for the five at the dry cleaners and the two in the back of my car that I forgot were there when I dropped the rest off today. (Also forgot to drop Emily's lunch of at daycare. They didn't let her starve, but I'm not getting the mother of the year award).

I'm organizing a bike tour and working, with a group of ladies who are keeping me sane right now, to get the brochures out to riders, bike shops, etc.

I need to plan a vacation but can't decide on a date in which to cram it in with all the activities going on in the next two months.

I need to work. I edit books and try to get in 20 hours but I don't think I've ever hit that goal. I wonder why - hmmmm.

I'm performing in our church's Palm Sunday production. I get to play the woman at the well - a former harlot, as she calls herself. I've got my lines memorized - now to perform them without tripping over my tongue or going blank.

There's more, but that's enough complaining. I know this about myself - I have a hard time saying "no" and everyone around me pays for it. I also say no to the wrong things - no to sleep, no to exercise, no to eating healthy. I'm sure this is why I've been sick for so long.

Time to go. I need to pick Emily up in a bit for dance class. Thanks for letting me vent.

No comments: