Monday, June 23, 2008

Home Again

We're home once again. It is good to be here - near friends, the daily "conveniences", not eating out for lunch and dinner (but still not eating well), etc. But we still miss the cottage and hope to be back up there again in the next week or so unless someone decides to rent it (then we get the boot).

I'm not quite a week into marathon training. I've pretty much decided on the Hanson-Brooks "advanced" training program. I think it is also called a moderate consistent program. My shortest runs are 6 miles and the longest run is 16 miles, I think. We'll see how it goes. Six miles was kind of a shock to my system when I tried it last week but I think it will be okay. I found a new route here which may help. Unfortunately, I've already skipped one six mile run, Saturday, but still got in the eight miles yesterday.

Today, oh my goodness, was such a great run. I've been averaging 10+ minute miles, but tonight, my average for six was 9:30!!! I didn't feel like I needed to take a walk and I pushed myself to run hard up the couple of inclines. It felt really good to get in a run like that.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Good stuff, Karen. Glad you had a nice time away. Continued good runs in your training. Are you aiming at the Grand Rapids Marathon? You probably already noted it in you blog, but I'm a forgetful sort.

Mom on the Run said...

Hi! Yeah, I'm aiming for GR. Are you going to be able to participate?