Saturday, August 23, 2008

Men's Marathon

About a month and a half ago, I asked my husband if we could get cable in time for the Olympics. I was planning to be an Olympics junkie. I backed off after taking a second look at the price and how it might alter our television habits (which are already awful).

Anyway, I thought I would still be able to watch non-stop. Well, life got in the way and I missed most of the events. I would sit down to watch the prime time coverage each night around 10 pm and be practically comatose on the couch by 11 pm.

Tonight, though, I'm here, sitting in the chair, laptop in front of me (I have editing to d0), finally watching one of the last events of the Olympics. I'm in awe as these guys are 12 miles into the marathon and have only been running an hour!! An hour into a run, I'm doing well if I've gone a little over six miles. They are amazing!!! To top it off, it's 85 degrees.

No comments: