Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

Probably my favorite holiday of the year, Thanksgiving is here once again. It is a day where there is no pressure (I guess I can say that because I'm neither cooking nor hosting), no presents to gather, no agendas, just family time.

We go to my aunt's house in Grand Haven. She is the only one who has a dining room large enough to fit everyone, which could be 20 people. We, for the most part, all sit down together for the traditional thanksgiving feast. With two 2 year olds, a 4 year old, 5 year old, 7 and 10 year old, some last longer than others.

You want to help set the table so that you have a chance to strategically place Grandma's stuffing near your seat. Everyone has their food assignments and everything is laid out beautifully. After the main course is consumed, everyone has had their fill, and the table is cleared, it is time for the pies - usually at least six different choices. I'm getting hungry.

So much to be thankful for:
A husband who loves and puts up with me
Two beautiful daughters who I am so proud of
A great extended family who generally cares for each other and gets along (most of the time)
Wonderful friends

And plenty more. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Safe travels.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Have a great holiday! Enjoy!