Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ode to My Diet Coke With Lime

Oh, how I miss the hiss of the can when I open a Diet Coke
The bubbles, the taste, the added artificial lime
It the third day without you

Yeah, I never really called myself poet (thank goodness, you're thinking).

Prior to Sunday, I was an avid Diet Coke drinker. All the better if it was Diet Coke with Lime. Between Steve and I, we were probably dropping close to $15 a week on Diet Coke and Pepsi One. When we went grocery shopping Sunday, there was no Pepsi One to be seen. I looked at Steve and said I'll cut out the Cokes if you do. He nodded okay and I put my Fridge Pack back on the shelf.

I had my last one Sunday night. There are still two in the fridge but I'm refraining myself, although I may be diving into one this afternoon out of pure stress. The more stressed I am, the more Diet Coke I drink. I have the 32-ounce water bottle at the ready, though, to resist the urge. That and the Garden Fresh Blue Tortilla Chips and Hummus.

On the running front, I got in a 3-mile run today on the treadmill (yawn!!) and 60 minutes on the elliptical yesterday.

Yep, looks like I'm going to have to exercise restraint today. Emily and her friend have been home for 30 minutes and already Emily is crying. Always fun.

No comments: