Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cough, Hack, Cough

Just in time for spring, the evil cold has hit our house. It started with the girls coughing and hacking. Then it hit me Thursday with a sore throat and a cough to add to the chorus.

My intentions were to head out this morning to get my 10 mile run done early, however, by this morning it was all I could do to drag myself out of bed to get Em breakfast. I'll get it done, or maybe I'll do tomorrow's 7 today and get the 10 in tomorrow.

On another note, I've been honing my journalistic skills over the last two weeks (not evident on this blog, unfortunately). I'm organizing a local bike tour and have been writing articles about getting ready to ride your bike. It has been fun, although I'm such a procrastinator, I'm just gathering info today for something I need to turn in today.

If you happen to be within driving distance of Northern Indiana and would like to participate in a bike tour (10, 30, or 63 miles) on Saturday, May 16 go here to find out more about Tour de Max. It is a fundraiser for a local philanthropic group I belong to.

Have a fantastic weekend.

Update: Thanks to some Daytime Theraflu, I got the 10 miles in but not sure exactly how long or how fast. I did my usual lake run and think I finished in about 1:37. The Garmin ran out of juice Thursday during my run and didn't get plugged in until I remembered this morning. It was kind of nice running without the extra weight on the wrist but I did miss knowing about how fast I was going.

It was a perfect day for a run. A nice southerly breeze to cool me off, people out on both of the golf courses I passed and others out for walks. Ahh, spring is here (okay, at least for today and I'm enjoying it.

5 comments:

Joe S said...

You wouldn't have gotten sick if you slept on an Ironman mattress. :-)

I'm still fighting the congestion a month after my cold. Frustrating. Feel better.

Regina said...

My hubby was just in North Indiana this past weekend, Elkhart to be exact. Apparently it is a huge manufacturing town for RV's? He said the people there were really very nice. He felt very welcome there. (He travels to a lot of not so nice places).

Glad you got your run in on a lovely day. hope you are feeling better.

Mom on the Run said...

Joe, If only I had that mattress :-) I am feeling better. Thanks.

Regina, we are about an hour or so from Elkhart. I'm glad your husband had a nice trip to the Hoosierland. It is a really nice area. Hope your training is going well.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better! :-)

Mom on the Run said...

Thanks Jennifer. I think I'm feeling a lot better based on the tempo run I just had.