Saturday, March 14, 2009

Longest Run Since October

It was a beautiful day here in Northern Indiana and what better way to spend it than go for a long run.

Well, there were a couple of other things I could have done, but the training schedule said 12 miles so I put on the tights, shorts, two shirts, Amphipod water bottle, iShuffle, Garmin (sounds like a packing list) and headed out to run around the lake. It was a good run overall. I kept a consistent pace, walked a bit after 6, 8, and 10 miles, and got chased by just one dog - the beagle who will come tearing after you once you have turned the corner and are heading away from his house causing him to run across the street. He sounds more ferocious than he probably is but it still scares the crap out of me and I am none to nice when I tell him to go home.

It actually felt like spring on the run. I noticed buds on the trees, I had to lose one of the shirts because I was too warm, I smelled a skunk (thankfully just the lingering smell from a spray some time ago), and I almost inhaled several bugs. It was a good time!

Now, I'm just sore in the back from spinning yesterday (hills and flat road sprints) and now the legs from the run. It is a good sore and tired feeling.

It is a short post this time. I had a bunch of free time earlier in the week waiting for different people to get me information for various projects I'm working on. Unfortunately, they all got me their respective stuff Thursday so I've been keeping a mental to-do list and checking things off one by one.

Hope you're having a great weekend and plenty of warm, spring weather.

2 comments:

Rick said...

The weather was fantastic this past weekend! Yeah! It looks to be beautiful this week as well. Perfect running weather. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the run...I'm getting ready to head out myself - sunny and 70 today, buds on the trees, tulips popping up. Yay spring! :-)