Friday, April 10, 2009

Running on Empty

It has been a long week. I've been up late practically every night trying to get a bunch of chapters edited. Thankfully, the deadline was moved from Wednesday to Friday and I just got them done.

My running schedule is all screwed up, too. I got my long run in on Saturday and ran Sunday. I ended up skipping Monday and Tuesday, although Tuesday is technically my rest day. I did my 7-mile tempo run and was off on time just a bit but chalked it up to a serious lack of sleep. I guess I did my first brick workout as I then went to my spinning class after a two week hiatus. It felt really good to ride, although my hips are sore today.

Today, I should have run 6 miles but between trying to entertain Emily, run some errands, get my work done, it just didn't happen. I'll get in a run tomorrow and Saturday, but will have to skip Sunday as there just won't be time. Hopefully next week, things will get somewhat back to normal.

5 comments:

Joe S said...

Don't you hate when that happens? That's why I don't follow training schedules to the letter. Too hard to balance that and life. Life always wins. Don't beat yourself over it. You'll be fine.

Bricks, eh? I haven't done them yet. Everytime I get off my bike I just want to sit down someplace until I get feelings back in my toes. We can share our pain of doing this tri thing. :-)

Mom on the Run said...

I have a bad feeling this is what it is going to be like for the next month - next weekend is my only free weekend until Memorial Day - I think the running will keep me sane :-)

With the Tri, I really don't quite know what I'm doing. I don't really have a training schedule and probably would be a couple weeks into if I did. I guess I'm hoping the running and spinning will be there, just need to work on the swimming.

We'll get through it, though. You always need a new challenge, right?

BTW, for a little inspiration, check out www.iwannagetphysical.blogspot.com - it's Steve in a Speedo's report on his half ironman. Obviously a way longer distance than I'm prepared to do at this point but it is a really neat race report.

Keep those toes in check :-)

Joe S said...

Kelly from the Blue Dawgs gave me a tri training schedule. I can't seem to find your e-mail address. Could you send it to me again and I can forward the schedule if you want? jsteindl@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, you sound busy...and sounds like you have MY schedule! :-) I know how you feel, and Joe is right, Life always wins. Just keep plugging away.

Regina said...

I hear ya! I have a training schedule and I am constantly having to rearrange things; my son, hubby's work travel, my work. I did my first brick on Thursday so I feel you. I think it's great we manage to do anything at all.....