Sunday, January 17, 2010

I am a Weakling

Yes, you read that right. I may have some strength and muscles in my legs from running, but my arms got nothin'. I realized that yesterday when I was struggling to hold up half a sheet of drywall on the ceiling while Steve screwed it into the ceiling. Seriously, he couldn't get the thing hung fast enough. I had it resting on my head to assist my pathetic arms. I think it may be time to take the 100 push up challenge (I may have to do the sissy kind using my knees).

UPDATE - I tried to do the "test." Basically, you do as many push-ups as you can and that gives you a ranking and a guide of where to start in the 100 Push Up challenge. I went down, couldn't get back up. Definitely going to be starting with the "alternative" push-ups (a nice way of saying, I'm starting with the sissy push-ups). Yes, my husband is slightly embarrassed by that. Although, yesterday, when we were talking about my lack of arm strength, he did qualify that while I have weak arms, they are toned arms. Not in those exact words, but you get the sentiment.

4 comments:

Kirsten said...

Us runner typer...we're kinda like T-rexes.

:D

Mom on the Run said...

Amen!!! LOL!

Regina said...

ah yes, the backhanded compliments...Just think how much stronger you will be when you finish the challenge (confession time: I didn't finish it, but I did start in the advanced column)

thanks for your prayers and well wishes for my husband. he is returning tonight. We are the lucky ones.

娃娃 said...

It takes all kinds to make a world...................................................