Friday, January 29, 2010

I've Been A Slacker (or Life Gets in the Way)

Yes. I have not run since Sunday. It is now Friday. I could go through a list of excuses, but when it comes down to it, I'm having trouble fitting everything into one 24 hour day.

I did take a step in the right direction, though, this morning. One of my dear friends and spinning buddies was lamenting the fact that she hasn't been spinning in quite some time. She mentioned our favorite teacher has a class at 6 a.m. on Fridays. Oh, was I in!

So, this morning at 5:45 a.m., in the close to zero temperatures, she pulled into my driveway. We spun for an hour (one song was 25 minutes which was really neat and took us "up and down hills and for a couple of sprints before it was done). I was back at the house by 7:30 a.m. and, thanks to my husband, the girls were up, dressed, and eating breakfast. We were out the door and on our way to school/work by 7:55 a.m.

The early morning workouts are going to have to be the way to go during the week. I won't get home and feel guilty for heading back out the door right away to run. I will probably have to use the treadmill during the week until it warms up and gets lighter at that time of the morning.

Speaking of my dear friend, she and my other two dear friends drove the 20 miles to where I worked to have lunch with me. They are the bestest (yes, I know it is not really a word but it describes them) friends.

I hope you get to spend some time with your bestest friends soon.

2 comments:

Regina said...

don't you love it when a plan comes together?

I don't get to see my best friend very much...she lives so far away. Glad you got to see yours; fun!

Freezing here too!

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I believe this is my first time visiting your blog... so hello!

Another blogger wrote a post which included your new morning workouts, so I thought I'd stop by and take a look. I've tried just about everything to find motivation in the mornings... except a workout buddy. That might be just the thing. Thanks!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom